Friday, December 3, 2010

How do I learn best?







My profile is L. I can learn better when I see big pictures. I also don't agree with Ms.Smith about showing your progress of math problems or science experiments. When I usually have to do essay writing (Lit circle), I don't know where and when to start. So I start in a random time and end with a good time. That is probably why I am L. 'Big picture' profile doesn't organize well. Like me, Shin young, Sam and Norman, we didn't get to start our Sumer project early like others because we all were right brained except for Shin Young. That was the reason we didn't collaborate well on our 'Sumer' project.

1. I learn the best when I'm sitting between two kind and familiar people. I like the way of familiar people near me. For example, I normally get distracted on the computer when I am doing boring homework, but at school, in homework help, I don't easily get distracted. Since there are friends all over the class doing the same thing with me, I deserve doing what I am doing with other people. I also learn the best when I am doing the hard things first because I always think that more work now equals more fun later. I easily get distracted when there is no whispers and noise but if they are, I am more active in doing my tasks.

2. I think I need to work on a task, focused. When I have three things due tomorrow (lit circle, blog post and narrative), and when I didn't work on them from the day it was released, I'm really in hurry. I normally start with lit circle. Than when I have to sleep, I don't really get anything finished. Not even one. I would get bad grades. I have a bad progress with my homework. I need to plan things one by one so that I can reach the goals I have to finish. If I do assignments one by one, I could get at least a good grade on one of the assignment that I have to do. When I finish one assignment out of three, I would probably calm down but if I don't do my homework in order and I do three things all together, I'm would be in a hurry.

3. The strategies that would help me in my learning seeing big pictures, music, movements, art and etc. I can memorize or learn easily when I do active stuff. Just by talking is not really a good strategy because it doesn't really make you learn things. With some active and remarkable reaction we can learn things easily because in your brain remarkable moves can be memorized. First, calm music convince me concentrate without getting distracted. With some calm music and maybe singing educational song also can be leaned easily. Second, I can learn thing easily when you make movements of what you are learning. Think about today's P.E class, it was probably the main thing you would know about today's school. Lastly, I can learn things easily by taking notes or drawing pictures. It all depends on what you normally do and think.

4. I would like the teachers know this about me. In front of my parents, friends and teachers, I am not that logic in some way but at home when I do my homework at night, I plan which homework should I start and to end. When I do these things, I think I need some space to work. When I have to collaborate at school I have to see big pictures instead of being logic because my partners are not just like me. For example if I do essay homework like blog post or narrative writing, I have to plan a good beginning and a good ending so that I can make my story more interesting. 
  • For Mrs. Narsiman, and Mr.Thomas, I would like to tell you that in class, I see BIG pictures instead of being logic because I don't know as much English depending on the class (Sunskruthi).
  • For Ms.Smith, I would like to tell you that I am more of logic than seeing big pictures in math and science because in math I normally plan things before I do the problem. (I just hate showing my progress of math problems but I do planing)
  • For Ms.Fulcher, when I do class work in Drama, I would like to tell you that I think even. In drama sometimes when I don't my tableau homework, I just plan what to do in my head than show random movements that will get me A.









    Sources from, http://bolstablog.wordpress.com/2008/12/11/whole/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment