Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My lit circle book, Thunder Cave

1. How your groups discussion helped your understanding of the novel?
In my group discussion, I didn't only understand what I've read in the book. I also understood people's feeling and thinkings towards the book, Thunder Cave. I also could have understood the book more, by sharing passages because in the passage, there are evidents and facts I never knew. The lit circle discussion also helped me enjoy and understand the book by reading the response and questions my group partner made. My partner's question also have been my question which helped me go through the book understanding each page.


 2. Connections that you made during your discussion
My two connection were very similar to Jacob's. It was just the matter of the person. My grandfather died in two diseases and my grandmother died in a car accident. I had a lot of sad emotions. I also had more responsibility in this world. I didn't believed what has happened to me but I had to admit the death. Something that you can't replace. Humans have to die and there is no ways to skip death. Like Jacob, I tried to pretend that my grandfather and my grandmother was not my grandparents but it didn't made me feel any better. If happened you can't change the past.


3. Predictions
Before I read ahead, I thought Jacob would go to Kenya. No one in this world would like themselves living in Nebraska alone. They would probably would like a family member nearby. Jacob, probably would be curious why Dr.Robert Lansa, Jacob's dad, was not contact but lost. Jacob probably has to tell his dad that Jacob's mother died. Without any contact, all these wouldn't possible. To make the story possible, my prediction is that Jacob will go to Kenya to search for his dad.


Sources from, Thunder Cave 







No comments:

Post a Comment