Thursday, March 3, 2011

White Mountains; How is Will just like me?

First of all, I am reading a science fiction called 'The White Mountains.' This book is mainly about machines that are controlling the human world. They are called 'Tripods.' Tripods are monstrous machine, some sixty feet high. It travels with three metal legs and has tentacles that can reach down and sweep a boy up into an opening in the metal pod which seems to represent its head. So far I've only read few chapters and I noticed that the humans don't really know if Tripods were extraordinary form transportation or an intelligent machine.

The Tripods controls the humans by deposing a metal cap that would control the human without any complaints back. Some of the metal cap didn't work for some people and they are called 'vagrants.' In the story, the main character, Will escapes from his parents to a place where he could be free. It was the White Mountains. They were so high that the Tripods couldn't travel over them. That was the only place where humans could be free. Where humans could be humans. In the story, I was curious if there were any attachments between me and Will that I could see.

How is Will like me?
In my world, I am the youngest of my family member. I have to respect all my family members especially my brother who annoys the most. When he and I fought. he would win more commonly. He is stronger and taller than me too. So I had to listen to him. Will is like me because just like the Tripods, I get controlled by my brother, Cy. The only place I could be free was my room. In my room I could do whatever I wanted to do. I could play my play station 3 without getting annoyed from my brother. He seemed like my shadow. He would never give up annoying me. I am also the youngest in 6th grade. I was always the youngest.

Also there was someone like Henry in ISKL. His name was Tom(fake name). He use to be really kind when he was in fourth grade in ISKL. As soon as he got more friends, he neglected me. When he became popular in fifth grade he annoyed me a lot. He also pushed me but my friend, Jamie, sometimes stand up for me and kept Jack away when he bugged me. I would say he is like Jack in the story. Due to this assignment I learned many attachments with Will and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment